CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Noah's ER Visit

Noah gave us a big scare on February 4th. We got home from Cub Scouts and he said he didn't feel good so I told him to go lay down while I made dinner. He fell asleep so I let him sleep while we all ate dinner. Lucas left for his meeting and I started cleaning up the dishes and I started hearing these funny noises. I looked over at the couch and Caden had this look of terror on his face. I ran over and Noah was having a seizure and foaming at the mouth and turning blue. I didn't know what to do! I didn't want to freak out because all of the kids were very scared and concerned for him. I decided to call 911 because he was turning blue and I didn't want him to stop breathing. The lady on the phone was very calm and reassuring. She was very good at her job. The paramedics came and gave him some oxygen because his oxygen levels were very low. They took his temperature and it was 104. They told me I should take him to the ER to get him checked further. Luckily I have very concerned neighbors that came over to check on us. They were able to go and find Lucas at the church and watch my kids while I took him to the hospital. The doctor at the hospital said he thought it was a febrile seizure because his fever spiked so fast. They monitored him for a little while longer and then sent us home. I was so relieved that he was ok. A week later he got this horrible rash so I was certain that he had the measles because this was around the time of the measles outbreak. I really shouldn't google anything because I always think we are dying. I came to the conclusion that it was Roseola and he was fine in a couple of days. I hope I never have to call 911 again!




0 comments: