CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Good Deals

My kids have been driving me crazy lately! Last week I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown so I decided we had to get out of the house. We went to Walmart. (I know going there usually adds to the chaos) I found this swimming pool on clearance for $7. The kids loved it! I didn't love the part when I had to blow it up and they were asking every 5 seconds if it was done yet. They were able to have fun outside and I was able to keep my sanity for another afternoon.



Lucas has been wanting to plant more trees and all the stores are putting their trees on sale so they can get rid of them. We don't know anything about trees, but we ended up buying this Autumn Purple Ash for the front of our house. It was on sale at Lowes for a good deal. Lucas is hoping that it grows into a really good shade tree. We'll see if it was a good decision.

We've been trying to increase our food storage. We've been really bad at it, but it is slowly growing. Smith's is having a really good case lot sale this week so I took advantage of that. We might have enough food to get by for a couple weeks.

4 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

Ash trees are usually bullet proof so that was probably a good buy. dont hold me to that if it dies though.

Mama H. said...

It looks like it was worth $7 and nearly passing out to get the pool set up. Way cute!

I think your food storage looks pretty impressive. I've seen the way you guys eat and I think it will definitely last much longer than 2 weeks.

The tree couldn't be worse than the silver leaf maples we chose when we moved into our house.

Mindy said...

You are so good with trying to increase your food storage. I do the same thing all the time and it's a constant battle. I need to put on lock on the door just long enough to get it to the point where we can eat it and not have the shelf empty. I love your swimming pool, so cute. Kenzie is driving me crazy lately too. I need to take her out to play. I just get so bored watching her sit and throw wood chips on the playground when I know I have a million things to do inside.

Brandi said...

What a cute pool, and what a deal! All the Cloggers think you guys need to throw a party in celebration of your new tree :)