CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I am grateful

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled across a website that you can read about families that have loved ones living with cancer. The link is www.colesfoundation.com This one little story touched me. (www.laylagrace.org) This family had a little girl named Layla and she was in the last stage of cancer. This story touched me so much because she was born 2 weeks after Halle so it really hit close to home. I started to read about her life and one thing I read really made me think. This is what her mom wrote:
"The house is quiet. I am able to go through the motions of laundry, dishes, cooking and picking up without interruptions. But I WANT interruptions. I WANT Layla to be under my feet asking for cookies. I WANT to hear her playing with her toys. I WANT to take 45 minutes to unload the dishwasher because she keeps trying to help. For every time I uttered the words “I just can’t get anything done with these kids under my feet all day” I am eternally regretful. The days that I looked forward to naptime so I could get a grocery list made, or finally fold all the piles of laundry…I regret those days too. If I could do it all again, I’d enjoy EVERY SINGLE WAKING MOMENT I had with her. I would never wish for her to sit still or take a nap or go to bed early. I would never look forward to the days when she could sit through an entire episode of Dora silently. I would treasure every second with her."
Even as I type this it makes me cry. Yesterday I was very sad when I got on her website and found out that she had died early yesterday morning. It makes me want to cherish every day I have with my family. I have been guilty of just wanting my kids to take a nap or go to bed early or even sit down and watch TV while I try to get things done. I am so glad that they are healthy and they are there to "help" me around the house. I am so glad that they are here to enrich my life and to make me a better person.

I can't post anything without adding pictures so here's some cute pictures....
Halle and Caden go crazy when I get the shop vac out. They follow me around the whole house. They love it when the air blows in their face. (strange, but cute)





Caden drew a picture of Monsters Inc. This is Sully waiting at the door. I thought it was a really good picture.

I love my kids!!!!

5 comments:

Ali said...

I have to say I love the Monster's Inc. picture. Although it reminded me of Charlie Brown. That is a very sad story, anytime I think I have it bad, I remember it could always be worse. We are all so blessed, even in our worst trials.

Elmer said...

I love your kids too! Can I have them? :) That story made me bawl. At work. Thanks.

Mindy said...

I try really hard not to read stories that make me sad because then I dwell on it and I can't function. You are right though, we do need to love our kids and every moment we have with them because the little interruptions that bug us are better than losing the child.

Hendricksonblog said...

The last photo of caden looks a lot like Luke. This is new. I love halle's eyes.

Julie Carlile said...

Thanks for sharing this, I'm sure there will be a day that Kambree drives me nuts and I need to remember this. I guess I always try to enjoy every single moment of her. Probably because it took so much to get her here. I couldn't imagine losing her. I feel so bad for that mother you wrote about. I can only imagine that you are a great mom Liz! I guess we all can do better though. :) Love ya.