CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 31, 2010

The 5K!

Lucas, Adam, Eric and Norma decided they wanted to run the 5K in Syracuse today. Since the race started at 7:00 am we had a big sleepover at our house. It was a lot of fun! The kids had a blast playing with all of their cousins.


The day of the race...

Here's all of them pre-race...

Eric finished first and he was too fast so I didn't get a picture of him. He finished in 22 minutes!

Here's Lucas sprinting to the finish line. He finished close behind at 24 minutes.



Adam finished a respectable 29 minutes.

Norma powerwalked the whole way and finished in 40 minutes. We are very proud of her!

This is post-race...

Here's all the cousins minus Caden. He refused to be in the picture.


We are very proud of all of you. Now we all need to work on the half marathon for next year!

5 comments:

Malorie said...

Congrats to all the runners! That is awesome! I started crying reading this post, I don't know why...haha Everything makes me cry these days. I also love the cheesy picture of all the kids at the sleepover. Halle's smile is so cute :)

Audrey Nielson said...

That picture of Lucas and Caden is so cute. I guess that one can make up for him not being in the other picture. Good job guys!

Elmer said...

I'm impressed! I'm a tiny bit sad I didn't participate...but I also enjoyed sleeping in this morning too. You should all come do the T-ville Dayzz 5k with me!

Heather said...

I think 2 5k runs are enough for my feeble body in one year. That was very hard, but it is something that I am glad we did. I can't believe how well Luke and Eric did, it was amazing. I wan't to do it again, and I am thinking about the half marathon next year, but it will take alot of training.

Julie Carlile said...

Did you run it too? I love running now :) We should all do one together. It would be a lot of fun.