CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This is our life...

The last couple of weeks I have tried and tried to potty train Halle. She's almost 3 so it's about time that she learned that. I potty trained Caden in 3 days, but Halle has definitely been a struggle. We have our good days and we have our bad days. Luckily the past couple of days have been good. I'm hopeful it will eventually stick with her. She finally completed her first potty chart. She got to pick a prize at the dollar store and she was very excited. She picked the princess wand which she broke in 10 minutes. Thankfully Grandma Eyre was able to fix it.


Caden felt left out so we decided to make a chart for him. Not a potty chart, but an "I can wipe my own bum" chart. I know that's way too much information, but it's been a struggle for him and this has seemed to help. He picked the light saber for his prize. This is his Luke Skywalker pose. He's really been into Star Wars lately.


Onto something else...
Since Caden was so good on our trip to California and he was really brave when we went to Disneyland, we told him we would buy him a fish. Lucas and I thought it would be a really easy pet, but when we went to the pet store we had no idea all the stuff you had to buy for them. We wanted the fish to last longer than 3 days, so we decided to splurge. We are happy to report that he's been alive for longer than 3 weeks! We'll see how long I can keep him alive.

Bob the fish...

And for your viewing pleasure...Halle the pantless cowgirl...

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'm laughing so hard at Caden's chart. Yeah potty training isn't happening at all here. I wish but Logan says, "I'm not riding the potty train, I'm a baby."

Mindy said...

I thought the same thing about getting Kenzie a fish. So I got her one and I realized...I don't want to take care of him.

Amy said...

The description of that last pic made me laugh pretty hard, "Halle the pantless cowgirl" LOL! I can't believe how old Caden looks posing with his light saber!

Mama H. said...

I'm pretty sure I have a pantless cowboy picture of either Halle's dad or one of her uncles. I'll have to look.

Julie Carlile said...

What a great idea for Caden :) I remember the first day I taught preschool a little boy asked me to help him wipe and I said, "oh sorry honey I don't wipe bums, time to be a big boy". I felt bad but didn't want to be doing that the whole year.