CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Crock pot recipes

A couple of days ago on Studio 5 they had a lady on that is trying to cook out of a crock pot everyday for a year. She has a blog that she puts her recipes on so I decided to try some. I love cooking out of a crock pot because the end of the day is usually the most stressful because my kids are usually screaming at me. This way dinner is already done at the end of the day and you don't have to heat up your house using the oven. I put a link to her blog on the side of my blog also.
Here's some of the recipes I tried. They turned out really good. The pictures don't make the food look really good, but trust me, they were.

This is Creamy Black Bean Salsa Chicken. She made this on day 125. I put some avocado on it and it made it really good.

This is Italian Bowtie Supper. She made this on day 123. I used penne pasta because that's what I had. It called for mozzarella cheese, but I didn't have any so I made some cheddar cheese alfredo sauce and added it. I love mixing alfredo sauce and tomato sauce.

This is Pineapple Chicken and Sweet Potatoes. She made this on day 72. This was good, but I wouldn't add as much nutmeg as she did because it was kind of strong.

6 comments:

Malorie said...

Dang Liz! You are quite the Chef! They all look super delicious, especially that first one! You should come cook for us sometime ;)

Elmer said...

Wow Liz, you're so gourmet!

Audrey said...

Very impressive Liz!

Mama H. said...

Liz,
You are a food artist! I think I ran across that blog once before...maybe from Keri? Anyway, we're having a crockpot cooking class in RS soon, so this is perfect timing. I might be adventurous and actually make something that's not in the white cookbook. Thanks.

Amy said...

Thatnks for the tip, I'm always looking for good crockpot recipes. It is the way to go! I have a really good recipe book for it, but this site should help too.

B&B Goldsberry said...

Hey!! We looked at some houses out in Syracuse today. We really like that area and think that is where we want to be. Are there any houses by you guys that you know are for sale? Have Lucas call Brandon! :) 435-720-0866. It would be fun to live by you guys!!
Thanks!