CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Las Vegas!

We went to Vegas for a small family vacation. I know that's not the greatest place to bring two young kids, but we got a really good deal on a hotel. We stayed in St. George on the way down. We thought the kids would have a lot of fun swimming, boy was I wrong. It was really nice weather up until the time that we got into the swimming pool and then this black cloud formed right on top of us and rained. Perfect timing huh?! The kids weren't very fond of the pool. They really liked the wading pool that was like 2 feet deep. They are wimps! I realized when I was looking through the pictures I took that I'm not very good at taking pictures and I usually forget to take pictures of things that I should. Here's some of the random pictures that I did take..

This is our attempt at taking a family picture at the condo in St. George..


Every time we told Caden that we were going to St. George he thought we were saying that we were going to "see" George. When we got there he kept asking us when we were going to see George because he wanted to show him his books and movies. I don't think he ever caught onto what we were saying. He was very confused.
Here's Caden by the palm tree outside our condo.


Here's Halle by the aquarium at The Silverton in Vegas. You can't really see the fish. Caden was so excited to see the fish because he remembered seeing them the last time we went to Vegas. When we got there he had a complete melt down because we wouldn't let him play the "games" aka slot machines. He wasn't very happy after that.
Here's Caden on the shuttle from the hotel to the strip. I think that was his favorite part of the trip.
Halle on the shuttle..
Lucas and Caden by the Mirage
Me and Caden by the Mirage
Caden loved the boats
Here's Caden at the Paris Buffet. The kids decided to have melt downs everytime we sat down to eat. I can't wait until they are out of the melt down stage. I don't think that ever ends.
Lucas at Buffet

Halle was very tired.
Here's Caden waiting for the the M&M movie to start. He loved it!
We went to Circus Circus to see the free circus acts they have. We got there right as one of them was starting so it was standing room only. Halle and I got stuck by the Fortune Teller man game (if you've seen the movie Big you know what I'm talking about) Every time the man started talking Halle would freak out. I didn't get to see alot of the show so I didn't take any pictures. This is the only picture we got there. Caden really likes to "pretend" to play the arcade games. Hopefully he never figures out that you need money to play.
Our trip was alot of fun. We can't wait for Disneyland in November!

6 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

I give you one more year on meltdowns for Caden and for the not knowing those games cost money. Start saving your quarters. Maybe he got a little Rendell in him with those slot machines. I dont blame him with those alluring cranks and bright lights and spinning cherries and lemons and we wont even talk about the beeps and bells and the sounds of coins hitting metal. Its tempting me just thinking about it.

Mama H. said...

April's right. I hadn't thought about the Rendell connection. Anyway, it looks like fun. Vacations are kind of like having a baby....you do forget a lot of the pain and remember the fun and funny things.

Mindy said...

Looks like it was fun, but of course, I wasn't there to see your frustration. If you find out when the melt down stage ends let me know, I'm so looking forward to that stage.

Jana said...

That is so fun that you went on a trip, I think every family should do that, even with the meltdowns! Can we come to Disneyland with you?? We could add to your frustrations, but it would be super fun!

Liz said...

You should Jana! My family is going and some of Lucas' family is going too. It's going to be a big party!

Amy said...

Looks like fun. Nice to get away somewhere different that doesn't really take that much time or money to get there. Lucky you.