CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Trip to dentist

I finally got around to taking Caden and Halle to the dentist. I've been putting it off for way too long. I thought it was going to be a disaster, but it actually went very well. Caden is obsessed with Dr. Seuss books and when we got to the dentist all of the walls were painted with Dr. Seuss characters. He was so excited and he could name all of them. He loves the book Hop on Pop and the room he was in told that story on the wall. It was perfect. They took X rays of his teeth and I thought he was going to throw up. He has a really bad gag reflex. The X rays didn't turn out very well, but at least he didn't freak out. He was very excited to wear the sun glasses while they cleaned his teeth. I was worried what the dentist was going to say because Caden has a huge gap between his two front teeth, but the dentist said they looked great and he didn't have any cavities. Halle had a fun time too! Luckily they only looked at her teeth because she would've freaked out if they would've done all the other stuff. They were very happy with their Tigger and Piglet toothbrushes and they got to pick a prize from the prize box for being so good. I am so happy we lived through it!





3 comments:

Elmer said...

It's never too early to start them down the path of good dental hygiene. ;) That's awesome that they actually enjoyed themselves.

Audrey said...

"Be true to your teeth or they'll be false to you."
-Brent Eyre

Amy said...

Way to go. I need to do that too. A friend of ours is a dentist and he said kids are supposed to have a gap in front so there is room for the back teeth to push them together so maybe that will help you feel a little better too.