CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Trees, Beds, and Birthdays

I'm sorry it's been forever since I've posted on my blog. We finally got a new computer after our old one died. We got a Mac so it is all new to me. I couldn't figure out how to download pictures, but I think I've figured it out. I know I'm a little slow. I am loving our new computer! It doesn't take me 20 minutes just to check my email.
December has been a busy month for our family. We've had preschool parties, ward parties, family parties, Christmas concerts, Jazz games, and a whole lot of other stuff to do. It's been a lot of fun and I can't believe December is half over!
Here's a few pictures of what's been going on....
Last year we bought a Christmas tree at one of the after Christmas sales. We decided we would put it up in the living room and let Caden and Halle (mostly Caden) decorate how they wanted to. He took this very seriously. He found every little toy he had and put it on the tree. Every time I looked at it there was something different on it. For a while I couldn't find any of my spoons and I decided to look on the tree and sure enough they were all there. He got very creative and even put dish rags and pens and random pieces of paper. I am very glad he found so much joy in it. The first thing he does when he wakes up his plug in his Christmas tree. He is very proud.

Here's a picture of him by it. He said I could take his picture if he could take a picture of me and Halle too.

He needs to work on his picture taking skills...
I tried to take a close up picture of it so you could get the full effect...

We finally decided to turn Halle's crib into a toddler bed. I was kind of sad, but I knew it was time. She was very excited. She's only fallen out a couple of times. Hopefully she gets used to it. She still calls for me to come get her in the morning. I wonder when she'll figure out that she can get out by herself.(hopefully not for a while)

We celebrated my Birthday a couple of days ago. I'm slowly getting closer to 30 and it's scaring me. Lucas and I went to Texas Roadhouse to eat and we went to the Jazz game. It was a lot of fun!

5 comments:

Elmer said...

I love the tree. I think you should enter in the Festival of Trees next year!

mh said...

Mac is totally the way to go! It is a little different, but you guys will be glad. I think you have just inspired a new post on my blog. =)
I love the tree. I love that Caden is so proud to decorate.

Mama H. said...

Love the tree, the kids, and the birhday girl. I especially like that the kitchen counter in your birthday picture reminds me of the way mine looks most of the time.

Mindy said...

You don't even look close to thirty, but I know what you mean. I hate that the number is coming closer.

Julie Carlile said...

I love Halle's room. You did a great job on it!