CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008

I wanted to write down everything we did for Christmas before I forgot it all. For Christmas Eve we decided to eat breakfast casserole. It's a tradition in Lucas' family, but I knew I wouldn't have time Christmas morning to make it so we had it for dinner. After that we watched Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. Caden watches that all year round so it wasn't anything different for him. Then we had a little Family Home Evening about the Nativity story. I was surprised about how much Caden knew. I guess he listens really well in nursery. After that we went and looked at Christmas lights. We were hoping that the kids would fall asleep in the car, but that didn't happen. Luckily they fell asleep soon after we got home. Caden didn't really want to get out of bed Christmas morning. When he finally realized there were presents in the living room he was very excited. He loved all of his new toys. For breakfast we had monkey bread (my favorite). We got to visit my family and my relatives and Lucas' family all in one day. Since there was a blizzard we decided to stay at my mom's house that night. It was a good thing we got new pajamas and clothes.
Here's some pictures of our fun Christmas...

Caden didn't know what to think of everything



Halle liked the presents too


Grandma and Grandpa Eyre gave Halle a big bike


Caden quickly took control of that present


This is Halle at G and G Hendrickson's

Caden was on Christmas overload at this point


4 comments:

Elmer said...

What a fun, crazy day that was! Has Halle figured out how to ride the bike yet?

Malorie said...

Aww Caden and Halle are so adorable! I loved how excited Caden got on Christmas with all the presents! It is fun to have little kids in the family again :)

Jana said...

Oh my goodness, your kids are getting so big and so cute! You guys always know how to have such a fun time!

Amy said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! It was so good seeing you and your family. Your turn to come see us again. :)