CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

We are not landscapers.

We are getting pretty frustrated with our yard. Our grass isn't very green. I'd say it's light green to yellow with some dead patches. We put some bug killer and fertilizer on it, but we don't really know what we are doing. We used a bug killer called Sevin and it seemed like it helped. Does anybody know of any other good bug killers? This picture doesn't really do it justice, but this is what it looks like.

Does anybody have any suggestions????
We also planted this topiary at the beginning of the summer and now it doesn't look so good. A lot of our neighbors yards got infested with bugs and we think ours did too. Do you think this affected the topiary or are we just bad landscapers?

4 comments:

Elmer said...

Well, my yard looks worse and supposedly I have "professional" landscapers taking care of it so I wouldn't feel too bad. :)

Sabrina said...

I'd call a lawn sprayer to see what your yard needs. That whay you aren't guessing on what to spray on it and you might end up spending more than just having the lawn guys come once or twice since they know what they are doing.

Your topiary could have been bugs or the heat. When you put new bushes in you have to water them the first year. I'd water it about 2 times a week at least until it gets it's roots started that first year. Next time you buy some bushes or whatever ask the greenhouse people what you should do because they'll totally let you know what you should do. I've heard there is a huge nusery in Layton called J&J Nursery. I want to go there so bad because I hear it's so big.

Hendricksonblog said...

Does the topiary have webs on it? if it doesnt it probably wasnt bugs....that location may not be good for it.....if it is hot there plant lavender or pompous grass or something which both love heat.
Dont feel bad when things die, that is the fun of yard stuff you get to figure out what likes your soil and what hates it.
Also the lawn..............everyones looks like crap right now. I wouldnt add too many bug killers either unless you have grubs......which would make lots of
dead spots where the grass just pulls right off at the top.....from the picture I dont think you have them. Have you done the summer fertilizer? If not do that and wait a few weeks for the heat to ease and the weather to be a little kinder. I'm sure your lawn will look great mid-september just like everyone else who is trying to solve the same problem. If you really think something is wrong with it dig up a 12X12 and take it to the nursery (soil intact) and they will tell you whats wrong.....then go home and stick it back in.
I bet its the weather though.....

Laura and Jason said...

Your house is so cute Lez!!!!! :) I dont think the lawn looks horrible!