CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Eve and New Years 2009

Christmas was a lot of fun this year! For Christmas Eve we had a yummy dinner, told the Nativity story, opened a few presents, and watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Caden helped tell the Nativity story with his wooden Nativity set. I think he was using Santa for one of the wise men.

They got new pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. Caden wanted Mario and Halle wanted Elmo. They were very excited to wear them.

They really wanted Christmas morning to come. We tracked Santa on the computer and Caden and Halle were very excited that Santa was getting closer to our house. They even drew pictures for Santa and left out cookies and milk. They were very excited to find Santa's thank you note in the morning.

Caden was very happy that Santa remembered to bring him Woody and Buzz. He got a bunch of other toys and he was very confused. He said "Why did Santa bring me all this? I only asked for Woody and Buzz."
Halle got princess barbies and Kai Lan's Treehouse. That's her favorite show on Nick Jr.



After we opened presents we went to my parents house. Caden was a little out of control.

Aunt Em gave him a big Woody and he thought that was really cool.


Halle loves her Minnie Mouse!

Malorie loves her new Slanket. Everyone needs one of those.

My mom made Halle a dollhouse. It's so cute! The bedrooms even look like Caden and Halle's.

Jeremy and Cooper are excited to use their new bacon press!

My mom made Caden a town for his cars. She painted all of his favorite places on it-Wendy's, Ross, Lowe's, Disneyland...
After that we went to Lucas' parents house. All of the cousins got to exchange presents.


Lucas' mom made all of the kids their own aprons.


She also bought toys for the kids to play with when they visit.

For New Years Eve, we went to Heather and Adam's house. We played Beatles Rock Band and had a delicious dinner. Adam made some yummy ribs, chicken, rolls, mashed potatoes, green beans, and homemade apple pie. It was very impressive!

The awesome apple pie...


The kids tried out Heather and Adam's new bed...



On New Year's Day my family came up and played the Wii. It was a lot of fun!

5 comments:

Julie Carlile said...

Ha,, I laughed at Caden's comment on santa. What a cutie. I'm sure it's so much fun to have them old enough to be so excited for Christmas morning. It looks like you guys are doing great. :)

Audrey Nielson said...

You got some pretty good pictures of Caden. How did you do that?

Amy said...

Can I just say your mom is amazing! Those are such cute things she made. I loved Caden's comment about Santa bringing more. Looks like Santa could have saved some money and time. :) Glad you had a good holiday!

Devon said...

Your mom is SO impressive! Rusty would be in HEAVEN if he got a play mat like that. For now he just gets my lovely stick drawings on the white board.
*Will you email me your phone number? I was going to call you guys to get together for a play date, but I couldn't find your number.

Mama H. said...

I agree your mom is amazing. Do you think she would adopt me? I could use lots of her creative genius around here.